Sunday 10 April 2016

642 Things to Write About

Writings prompts....

     While foraging through Chapters one Tuesday morning, I stumbled across this book: 642 Things to Write About.

     A quick scan through the book peaked my interest. It gives you writing prompts. Creative exercises to get the mind thinking and writing juices flowing.  I bought the book and set it on my end table and stared at it, flipped through it, stared at it again and then thought about it. The book itself, when you flip it open looks much like a fancy notebook, it states the writing prompt and then gives you lines, like paper how which to write your response. I don't want to write in the book. That would cause a mess, and my penmanship has a lot to be desired. If the book got messy inside I would never pick it up again and it doesn't give you a lot of room to write. Plus...I may have a lot to say on one writing prompt where as I may only have a few sentences to throw at another writing prompt.  

     That left me with a dilemma. Thoughts swirled in my head about starting a new blog based solely on the 642 Things to Write About. As I checked out different blog sites, from SquareSpace, to Wordpress, and Weebly, it occurred to me that I already have a blog that has been lying dormant for quite some time. Dilemma solved.

     There will still be tales from the 4th line, but I'm going to take my cues from the writing prompts for the next little while and see where that takes me. Let's breathe, change is good!  I plan on incorporating some truth, and loads of embellishments in the storytelling.  Of course I'll change the names and places to protect the innocent. You may think at times that I'm writing about myself, or you, or you, or you.

Maybe.

Let's hope you get so lucky.

From the 4th line,
Arlene :)

No comments:

Post a Comment